NeTron was an assignment for a computer networks class in my undergraduate course. Written in Java using Swing, as well as the Sockets and Threads libraries, it allows multiple players to play the classic game over a network. I put it up here partly as an example of my work with Java, networking, and threaded systems, but also because I plan to do further work on it.
- Proper GUI feed-back for when the client is waiting for the game to begin.
- Help (F1) display that informs the player of the game rules and controls.
- A control and monitoring system for the server.
- AI-controlled players.
- Multi-game sessions and scoring.
- Separate players may go out of sync
- The server program needs to be restarted once a game ends
Click for full-sized versions.
Video coming with fixed version
Download and/or web applet coming soon