A small update, whose main purpose is to fix the most glaring problems in the preliminary alpha version.
- Minor visual glitch in the planet model.
- Possibly another crash bug, and various miscallenous bugs.
- The new turning system has necessitated a bit of minor tweaking in the aiming system.
- The high-level AI needs tweaking to be more responsive to low-level events (e.g. the player ship arriving)
- Some balance tuning of ships/weapons is required, particularly of the beam corvette (which is a bit overpowered).
- Fixed bug wherein switching the target mode in certain situations would cause a crash.
- Fixed bug wherein losing the last player ship could cause a crash.
- Fixed bug wherein faction death wouldn’t register on the final ship being lost.
- Turning should be smoother, and ship AI should no longer get stuck in a turning loop.
Battle for Polaris 0.11a for Windows (.ZIP, 17.7 Megabytes) – Runnable demo version
Battle for Polaris 0.11a for Windows (Dev) (.ZIP, 45.0 Megabytes) – Development version (source code, DLLs, and CodeBlocks project file)